A Tradition of Riesling Excellence
"Rieslings in Washington state have a freshness and acid balance that make them very food friendly and totally versatile. Our cool autumn evenings allow us to retain all the beautiful, natural acidity that is essential to success with Riesling. Our styles of Riesling vary from citrus and crisp to apricot/peach and fruity, but all have one thing in common—an impeccable balance of acid to highlight the fruit and keep the wine harmonious and pure."
- Four Reasons To Love Riesling
- 1. Flavor Factor
- From sushi to BBQ, Riesling is a great food wine. Cool fermentation in stainless steel tanks protects the inherent flavors of the grapes and enhances its food affinity.
- 2. A Style for You
- It comes in so many styles—from bone dry to sweet, honey-like dessert wines. For new and experienced Riesling drinkers alike, we have a Riesling to suit every palate.
- 3. All About Balance
- Riesling has found an idyllic home in Washington state. Warm, dry days bring out the fruit's aromatics, while cool nights preserve the crisp acids needed for quality Riesling. This beautiful acidity offers a welcome balance to the prevailing sweetness of the fruit.
- 4. Taste Profile
- Riesling is becoming easier to understand. The International Riesling Foundation has created an "IRF Taste Profile" to identify the sweetness level of the wine, which is now featured on the back label of most Chateau Ste. Michelle Rieslings.
Riesling Recipe Pairings