Woodinville, Wash. – Chateau Ste. Michelle of Washington state and Dr. Loosen estate of Germany will host the fourth Riesling Rendezvous July 14-16, 2013 at Chateau Ste. Michelle and Bell Harbor International Conference Center in Seattle. The event brings together leading experts and producers to explore the versatility of Rieslings from around the world, discuss issues and opportunities surrounding the advancement of Riesling, and forge alliances among producers and Riesling enthusiasts.
A member of the Riesling Coalition that brings events to North America, Australia and Germany on a rotating basis, Riesling Rendezvous is the largest event dedicated to Riesling in the United States. To date more than 30 producers will participate from Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, California, Idaho, Michigan, New York, Oregon and Washington. For event information or to register for Riesling Rendezvous, visit rieslingrendezvous.com.
Riesling Rendezvous 2013 Program:
July 14 at Chateau Ste. Michelle, Woodinville, Washington 4-8 pm VIP, 5-8 pm General Admission. Grand Tasting - Sample the finest Rieslings from around the globe, mingle with winemakers, nibble on Riesling friendly fare and enjoy live music on the picturesque grounds of Chateau Ste. Michelle.
July 15 & 16 at Bell Harbor International Conference Center, Seattle, Washington Blind Tastings guided by distinguished producers to explore Riesling styles, from powerful dry wines of Austria and Australia to elegant German variations and flavorful, spicy interpretations from North America.
Breakout Sessions will delve into topics including:
• Riesling’s Outer Limits: Stuart Pigott leads an entertaining exploration of daring and innovation, in search of the most individual expressions of Riesling from unexpected places.
• Proving That Terroir Matters: New research shows a clear connection between terroir and specific flavors and aromas in Riesling. Presented by Ulrich Fischer PhD, Professor of Enology, Center for Wine Research, Neustadt, Germany.
• Winemakers Only Roundtable: A candid exchange on the challenges of growing and making Riesling.
• The Electric Riesling Acid Test: The Effect of Sweetness & Acidity with Food. Presented by Emily Wines MS.
• Marketing Riesling: Preaching beyond the Choir.
• Masters of Riesling –Grosses Gewachs: A tasting and in-depth discussion to examine recent changes in German wine regulations regarding vineyard classification, wine styles and nomenclature.
• Walk Around Tasting & Activities including Riesling and smoked salmon pairing presented by German food writer, Ursula Heinzelmann, Riesling and cheese tasting presented by Oregon’s Rogue Creamery, Riesling Taste Test: How Dry/Sweet is it? led by the International Riesling Foundation, Riesling friendly appetizers, and more….
Grand Tasting Participating Producers (to date):
• Australia: Frankland Estate, Jim Barry Wines, Mitchell Wines , Pikes
• Austria: Domäne Wachau, Fred Loimer, Markus Huber
• Canada: Cave Spring Cellars, CedarCreek Estate Winery, Mission Hill Family Estate, Tantalus Vineyards
• Germany: Clemens Busch, Dönnhoff, Dr. Loosen, Geheimer Rat Dr. von Bassermann-Jordan, Leitz KG, Maximin Grünhaus , Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt, Robert Weil
• New Zealand: Villa Maria Estate
• United States:
(California) Trefethen Family Vineyards
(Idaho) Ste. Chapelle Winery
(Michigan) Chateau Grand Traverse, Shady Lane Cellars
(New York) Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyard, Red Newt Cellars, Inc., Sheldrake Point Winery
(Oregon) Brooks, Chehalem
(Washington) Anew, Chateau Ste. Michelle, The Hogue Cellars , Mercer Estates Winery, Pacific Rim, Snoqualmie, Tulip Valley Winery
Regional Sponsor: Idaho Wine Commission
Tickets for the 3-day event pass are $700 for producers, $800 for trade and consumers. Grand Tasting only tickets are $75 for General Admission and $100 for VIP. *Grand Tasting VIP tickets are limited and include one extra hour of tasting. For ticket information, visit rieslingrendezvous.com
Riesling Rendezvous is a registered trademark of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Ltd.
# # #
For further information: