2014 Chenin Blanc
Our now 34-year-old Chenin Blanc vines at Horse Heaven Vineyard are still giving us great concentration and vibrancy after all these years. Another very warm year provided some extra richness and mouthfeel along with the requisite melon-like palate and a crisp, refreshing finish.
Here is a great example of what Sémillon should be – light bodied with flavors and aromas of citrus peel and green apple, with a dry, lingering finish.
2015 Midsummer's White
The Midsummer’s White is a refreshing, flavorful blend of Chenin Blanc, Riesling, Gewürztraminer and a touch of Muscat. Lush flavors of ripe peach and melon are complemented by lively acidity.
2014 Muscat Canelli
A fan favorite in our winery’s retail shop, the Muscat Canelli is a refreshing wine with aromas and flavors of sweet ripe pear and ginger spice. Its sweetness is perfectly balanced by its crisp acidity. Sourced from more than 30-year-old Muscat Canelli vines at our Cold Creek Vineyard, ideal for aroma and flavor development in the ripening grapes. Pair this Columbia Valley white wine with Asian cuisine or enjoy as an aperitif!
2014 Jonté Sauvignon Blanc
After spending a vintage in New Zealand, I wanted to push the Sauvignon Blanc envelope. The grapes were sourced from older vineyard parcels in the Yakima Valley and picked at lower sugar levels to showcase this lively, bold and exuberant Sauvignon Blanc style. I hope the tropical fruit flavors and bright acidity will make you feel as ‘jaunty’ as I do.
2015 Syrah Rosé
Rosé should be fun, fruit forward and complex without being complicated. We chose a cool vineyard site and picked the Syrah a little earlier than normal leading to a wine with fresh acidity and flavors of strawberries and cranberries. Don’t over think this wine, just enjoy it!
2013 Unoaked Chardonnay
This alternative, unoaked style of Washington Chardonnay shows off the variety’s refreshing fruity side. We sourced the fruit from cooler vineyard sites and fermented it in stainless steel to highlight the fresh acidity, minerality, and crisp flavors of apples and pears.
This Viognier exhibits lovely notes of guava, papaya and ripe pear flavors accented by subtle spice aromas. The wine was primarily fermented in neutral oak (80%) to add rich complexity and give a soft roundness in the palate. The remaining 20% was barrel-fermented to add layers of complexity to this jovial white wine. With one of Eastern Washington’s warmest seasons in decades, fruit ripening was superb for the 2014 Viognier.
2013 Waussie Riesling
Winemaker Wendy Stuckey loves making this wine, partly because of her Australian roots. The grapes for the 2013 vintage were sourced from cooler regions of the Valley. Waussie (Washington + Aussie) is a dry, ‘Aussie Style’ Riesling with pleasing citrus aromas and crisp flavors, a delicate palate and a lingering finish. Crisp and acidic, this dry Riesling pairs perfectly with seafood.
2014 Oak Oval Gewürztraminer
This dry style Gewürztraminer presents the celebrated spicy ginger and clove aromatics of a classic Gewürztraminer mixed with hints of rose, lychee and pink grapefruit. This wine was fermented in the Oak Oval and aged sur lie for four months adding texture and complexity.
2014 Oak Oval Chardonnay
We received such great feedback on our Oak Oval wines that we had to produce a second one! Yakima Valley sourced Chardonnay was the right choice to break in our newest Oak Oval barrel. The wine was aged sur lie for four months to extract the beautiful apple, pear and nutmeg aromas.
With delicate flavors of apples and citrus and lively acidity, Michelle Brut is the perfect accompaniment for a wide array of foods.
Michelle Brut Rosé
The Michelle Brut Rosé is a beautifully blush sparkling wine, with essences of berries in the nose and on the palate. The initial impression is dry with a soft and fruity aftertaste.
Michelle Extra Dry
The Michelle Extra Dry is a slightly sweeter style of sparkling wine. This delicate and elegant wine reveals flavors of apples and pears with a persistent column of bubbles.